The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) in pursuance of its Social Investment programme in Education, which aims to promote academic excellence and enhance the employability of young Nigerians, invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian Students admitted into Full Time academic studies in the 2020/2021session, to apply for its University Scholarship Scheme.
WHO CAN APPLY
This merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Must be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as at January 2023) or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2020/2021 academic session.
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge
Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
DEADLINE: Applications open on the 3rd of January 2023 and closes on the 3rd of February 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants should have personal valid email account and phone number (for consistent communication)
- All applications must be processed online
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
- The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Shell), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
- Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents for upload:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old *(450px by 450px not more than 200kb)*
- School ID card
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
- JAMB Result
- Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Community Paramount Ruler; and Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:The Paramount Ruler of the Community; andThe Chairman of the Community Development Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Shell), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
- Applicants are to download the GO Declaration form using the link: http://www.dragnetnigeria.com/doc/declaration.pdf after downloading and filling in the necessary details then upload on Scholastica under the document: SPDC GO Declaration Form
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
a. Click on “Register” to create an account using your SPDC email address.
b. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
c. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
d. Enter your personal information, educational information, bank account information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
e. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order.
Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
Recheck application information to avoid errors Click on 1. https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC2023to return to SPDC
Click “Apply Now” to submit information
f. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
Aptitude Test – You have been selected for the aptitude test, you are advised to carefully read the aptitude test invitation Email and bring along hard copies of all your documents to the test venue.
Verification Process –The SPDC JV and the appropriate examination bodies would conduct reference checks and background verification as part of the screening process prior to award; and re-verification post award.
Scholarship Offer – If selected for an award, you would be contacted by the SPDC Scholarship Team, and the terms and conditions of the award offer will be sent, along with the deadline for acceptance.
1. Why should I participate in the Scholastica SPDC JV registration?
A pre-requisite for partaking in the aptitude test is to register your details on this site, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the aptitude test invitation email.
2. Who is eligible for the Scholastica SPDC JV Registration?
Only candidates shortlisted for aptitude test.
3. How do I know I have been shortlisted for the SPDC test?
An invitation email and SMS has been sent all shortlisted candidates.
4. How do I complete my registration?
You will be required to register using your personal email address and mobile number, provide your information, upload your documents and click the Apply button to successfully register. Click the How To Apply button for detailed steps.
6. I have a registered account on Scholastica with an email different from my SPDC email, What do I do?
If you have a registered account on Scholastica, you may proceed to apply using that registered account.
7. When is the deadline for the Scholastica SPDC JV Registration?
The deadline is the 3rd of February 2023.
8. Can I register using my mobile phone or tablet?
No. Your application should be done using a desktop or laptop system only.
9. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be required to partake in the aptitude test at your preferred test location.
10. Can I change my details after registration?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors in your application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your correction and account details. Your request will be verified and the field will be corrected with new information and a mail sent to you to confirm that the correction has been effected
11. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload
12. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
13. I cannot find my university or course of study in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your university is not on the list, send an email to email@example.com stating the name of your Institution, location of Institution, course of study and institution’s CGPA Scale. You will be notified via email once the necessary fields have been corrected or confirmed)
14. I applied successfully online, how do I know my application was received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org You can visit your profile to view the status of your application.
15. Does Shell charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. Shell does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
16. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must provide the documentation requested. Basically, applications from all candidates must be accompanied by:
- Clear scanned copies of their University Matriculation Examination (UTME) scores;
- JAMB or University Admission Letter;
- O/Level Result;
- A/level Result (for students admitted through direct entry);
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (at least four months old);
- A Letter of Identification from state (showing local government) of origin.
💎 *Applicants for the Operational Area Award, (in addition to the above), will be required to submit two letters of identification, duly stamped and signed by:*
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman / Secretary of the Community Executive Council (CEC) or the Community Development Council (CDC).