The Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students for Master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels are awarded to outstanding students from all over the world. The program seeks to promote Flanders and Brussels as premier study destinations.
The Master Mind Scholarship comprises a €10,000 scholarship with a tuition price remission per academic year (60 ECTS). Master Mind Scholarship holders pay only an administrative enrollment fee. The award is paid in installments and covers housing fees, insurance, and a large portion of their living expenditures. Mobility lasts one academic year for a 60 ECTS master’s course and two academic years for a 120 ECTS master’s programme.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 Master Mind Scholarship:
To be considered for the Master Mind Scholarship, appliacnts must:
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
- The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
- All nationalities, except for Russian, can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Benefits of 2024 Master Mind Scholarship:
Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €10. 000 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year.
Required Documents for 2024 Master Mind Scholarship:
To apply for the Master Mind Scholarship, the following documents should be submitted on the application page:
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
How to Apply for the 2024 Master Mind Scholarship:
Follow the steps below to apply for the Master Mind Scholarship:
- STEP 1 Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships
- STEP 2 Submit your application to the host institution
- STEP 3 The host institution preselects the eligible applications
- STEP 4 The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool
- STEP 5 You receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship
- STEP 6 You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline. Documents to be uploaded.
- STEP 7 The host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline of 28th April 2024 23h59 GMT+1. Applications validated submitted after 28th April 2024 23h59 GMT+1 will not be accepted.
Deadline: April 28, 2024