Lafarge Cement Nigeria (Lafarge Africa Plc) is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world’s largest building and concrete solutions firm. It is a publicly traded corporation on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Lafarge provides Nigeria and South Africa with a diverse variety of building and construction solutions to fulfill housing and construction needs ranging from small projects such as individual home buildings to large construction and infrastructure projects.
Lafarge Cement Nigeria invites applications from interested and qualified applicants to apply for job vacancies.
Position requires knowledge of Electrical and Instrumentation engineering as applicable in cement production. Responsible to execute independently work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Co-ordinate and supervises electrical and instrumentation task
- Ensure availability of all electrical and instrumentation equipment for production
- Ensure Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Schedules are correctly executed
- Ensure Compliance with Health and Safety Procedures
- Follow-up with Electrical Planner on Spares for execution
- Assigns and co-ordinate work to E&I Technicians and ensure close-out of assigned tasks. This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required
List of Direct Reports:
- E & I Technicians .
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships:
- Members of Cross functional team (Team).
- All maintenance team members
- All Managers
Qualifications and Requirements:
Level of education/qualifications normally required:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree, B.SC Degree, HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Specific Work Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years in modern integrated cement/large scale industry in the similar field.
- Medium and Low Voltage Electric Motors and their Applications.
- ABB Switch-Gears.
- 11KV/400V Power Distribution Panels and Motor Centre.
- Cement Industrial Instrumentation and Controls.
- Membership of relevant regulatory bodies (COREN,NSE)is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lead people of diverse cultures and manage functions
- Hand-On experience on ABB and Siemens Variable Frequency/Speed Drives.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, PowerPoint and email applications.
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
Leadership and Managerial Abilities
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives
- Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously
- Ability to motivate individuals and team
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team