NDDC Foreign Postgraduate (Master’s Degree) Scholarships 2023/2024
NDDC Announced 2023/2024 Scholarship
To further boost Human Resource Development in the Niger Delta region, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is once again embarking on its NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship Programme to equip our young people with relevant training and
skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the Federal Government, as well as enable them to acquire specialization in their fields of study and thus compete globally in various professional disciplines.
NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship Qualified Applicants
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Environmental Science.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Prospective and qualified candidates should: Visit the NDDC Website: (www.nddc.gov.ng)
To be eligible for the scholarship, a scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region and have achieved a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
SELECTION PROCESS Of NDDC Foreigne Postgraduate Scholarship 2023
- Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
- Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- WASSCE/ NECO results
- Undergraduate degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
- Local Government Identification
- Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computers based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
- Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
- Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
- Final Verification:The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship:
The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
The deadline for submission of application is 5 weeks from the date of this advert.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit their applications online through the Commission’s website: www.nddc.gov.ng.
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
- Relevant degrees from recognized universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned.
Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for oral interview or candidates that are not successful during the oral interviews.
Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil producing host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State. Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration.
The decision of the Commission in this regard is final. For further enquiries, please contact:
Director, Education, Health and Social Services, NDDC