The 2024 Wellington Scholarship Program of the Victoria University of Wellington offers a fully funded opportunity for doctoral students of the university.
These scholarships are intended to encourage and support doctoral study (PhD) at Victoria University of Wellington.
In this article, we would be giving you the step by step process to applying for the scholarship among several other information.
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | $29,500 Yearly Stipend
- Number of Slots: 110 Students per Year
- Deadline: March 1, 2024
Wellington Scholarship Program Details:
Wellington Scholarship Program is estabished to encourage postgraduate research Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies.
These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline.
Eligibility Requirements for Wellington Scholarship Program 2024 :
To be considered for the Wellington Scholarship Program, you must be:
- A graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enrol full time for a Doctorate (PhD) or
- who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Please note: It is very important to refer to the website for regulations and further process requirements regarding an application for this scholarship.
Benefit of the Wellington Scholarship Program 2024
All offers of Wellington Scholarship Program consist of a $29,500 per annum stipend plus domestic tuition fees for up to three years.
The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year. To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references, or:
- demonstrated potential for high quality research; or
- a record of publication in high quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
Selection process for the Wellington Scholarship Program
Final selection is made by the Victoria Research Scholarships Committee on those applicants who have been put forward by the relevant School and Faculty.
Offers of Wellington Doctoral Scholarships will be made approximately six weeks after each closing date in March, July and November of the year of application.
As some applicants may decline an offer further offers may be made, it is possible that some applicants will not be finally notified of the success or otherwise of their applications three months after application.