The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU Indigent scholarship award For 2023/2024 academic session is out. The scholarship is worth N200,000. The registration closes on 31st of October, 2023. The scholarship will be awarded on the 12th of November, 2023. Check your eligibility and how to apply Below.
The National Executive Council (NEC) of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) at the meeting in Gombe State University held on 3rd-4th in February, 2018, instituted a scholarship scheme for students in Nigerian public universities with ASUU branches. The scholarship which was at the rate of One Hundred Thousand naira (N100,000) per beneficiary on one-off basis has been reviewed to Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000.00). It shall be for two beneficiaries per branch (University) and will be awarded to indigent students.
Criteria for ASUU Indigent scholarship Award
- Applicant must be indigent.
- Applicant must be a registered student of a university with a recognized ASUU branch.
- Applicant must have a good academic performance (CGPA of 3.0 and above).
ASUU Indigent Scholarship Award Mode of Application
- Each applicant should submit an application letter, not more than two (2) pages. which must include the following:
- Name of candidate
- Course and year of study
- State of origin
- The applicant’s letter must be accompanied by the following:
- A photocopy of the candidate’s current identity card
- A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department including current information on the candidate’s CGPA for the preceding academic session copy of the candidate’s registration form for the current semester
- A Two (2) current passport photographs.
GUIDELINES FOR THE AWARD
- The award will be for established indigent students from each branch.
- Each branch shall establish a committee to select the awardees.
- A well-advertised call for application shall be made by the branch.
- The selection committee monitored by the Zonal coordinator shall interact with the applicants and select a candidate per branch.
- The selected candidate shall be presented to the congress for confirmation.
- The branch shall communicate the names of the selected candidate to the National for confirmation and presentation of the award.
- The interview process of the Gani Fawehinmi scholarship shall be adopted by the branch committees.
- The award shall be presented to the successful candidates at the zonal level. However, the scholarship shall be launched at the National level.
GUIDELINE FOR THE AWARD OF ASUU INDIGENT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Kindly find forwarded the Guidelines for the award of ASUU Indigent Student Scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded on the 12th of November, 2023. (HEROES’ DAY)
Branches are expected to complete the selection process and forward the names of the awardees on or before the 31st of October, 2023. Any branch that fails to work within the timeline shall be left out of the Award for the year 2023. Thank you.
Yours in the struggle,