Malaria Consortium Nigeria is committed to tackling the large number of malaria cases and deaths in the country. Working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and other partners, we lead and support three major malaria control initiatives in the country: Support to the National Malaria Control Programme (SuNMaP); NetWorks and MAPS. Our areas of focus include: Technical support for malaria control Capacity building, harmonisation and training of health workers Heath systems strengthening Behaviour Change Communications and community outreach activities Operational research, policy and advocacy
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Jigawa
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
The LGA Field Assistant supports the implementation of SMC activities at LGA, health facilities and household level. He/she is responsible for planning, implementation, reporting and coordination with local government representatives and community level stakeholders.
The role of LGA Field Assistant assist the quality implementation of delivery of SMC services at the community level by HFW/supervisors and CHWs through the timely delivery of SMC commodities and supplies and documentation of program activities. He/she interacts with the LGA management team, keeps them updated on the program progress and ensures high-quality SMC implementation.
Key working relationships
The LGA Field Assistant takes instructions from the State Technical Officer (STO) on the implementation of SMC activities. S/he gives feedback to the STO in form of basic documentations and to the M&E Officer in form of data entry for administrative coverage and supply chain management. S/he will also support the Finance Officer in getting account details of distribution personnel for payment.
Programme Implementation, treatment tracking and management (70%)
- Support implementation of SMC activities at health LGA level, including timely implementation of route plan, planning meetings, commodity distributions and monitoring to avoid any stock out, Community mobilization activities, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies through tracking consumption levels and review of reconciliation reports
- Provide administrative support to training events field partners (Supervisors, HFW, CHWs, and community mobilisers).
- Track program targets and timely implement the planned activities to ensure program meets targets and review reports from LGAs and HFW for accuracy and completeness prior to submission.
- Ensure implementation of activities are in line with the laid down protocols, by continuously monitoring and escalating issues detected to the STO for mitigation
- Maintain a good relationship and work jointly with – Public Health Officers and other partners to undertake home visits, meetings and to ensure health LGA’s ownership.
Reporting & data quality control (10%)
- Review distributors’ tally sheet, making corrections where necessary and entering the data on relevant data capturing platform
- Assist ME Officer on the data quality queries and ensure identified issues are rectified in time.
- Ensure submission of other reports to keep the STOL and State Project Manager abreast with the project implementation at LGA level.
Coordination and representation (10%)
- Ensure planning and coordination meetings are conducted as planned at LGA and community levels.
- Attend data validation meetings at LGA level and as directed by STO
Administrative and other duties (10%)
- Ensure the development of individual and team action plans to ensure role complementarities in achieving the set treatment target.
- Participate in the follow-up of supplies consumption.
- Provide information for overall planning of stock levels, making sure that they are sufficient for the operations at SMC sites
- Ensure that all HF release physical inventory of all SMC commodities supplied at the end of each cycle.
- Any other duties as required by the line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical Officer, nurse, science, social science or Public Health qualification at minimum of diploma level
- At least two years field experience in related field
- Fluency in English, Hausa and/or other local languages is required
- Experience working in drug/commodity supply management, M&E and logistics
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including LGA staff, HFW and community leaders
- Experience of conducting quality supportive supervision and data use
- A broad range of experience including logistics, training and capacity building ability
- Experience of supporting teams
- Experience working at LGA level
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Basic computer skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Flexible, ability to work both as an individual and as a team member and under stress in what can be a harsh environment
- Nigerian citizen (legal requirement)
- Ability to speak and understand English