Media Trust Limited, owners of Daily Trust, Aminiya, Trust TV and Radio is looking for a talented, creative and editorially sound Group Social News Manager.
Reports to: Online Editor
Contract Type: Permanent
The Social Media Manager leads the Daily Trust and Trust TV social media strategy, reporting directly to the Online editor. The candidate coordinates and supervises the social team to distribute content and engage our readers on Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, X, Instagram, LinkedIn and newer platforms. The ideal candidate will have video editing skills and the ability to produce appealing visual content for different social platforms and develop and lead the team to execute an effective YouTube strategy.
- Supervises the social media team
- Writes and edits social posts and stories from the website
- Coordinate, evaluate, and manage growth strategies for each platform
- Identify, plan and execute social media and community engagement activities for Daily Trust and Trust TV social platforms
- Create copies for paid and organic social media, banner ads, publicity materials, and e-newsletters to build an audience and drive engagement.
- Develop plans to convert social media followers to loyal audiences.
- Set KPIs for the team and track metrics for growth
- Develop plans for sharing and resharing long videos and making them appealing to our readers
- Management experience in a newsroom setting
- He/she must possess impeccable writing and copy-editing skills
- The candidate must be able to assign, commission and guide reporters
- Must have the ability and skills to enrich and contextualize news reports
- He/she must be very meticulous and able to identify gaps in news items and ensure same is filed appropriately
• The candidate must be able to separate the wheat from the chaff; that is, select and publish only quality stories that interest the audiences