UNDP is the development arm of the United Nations. Present in 170 countries with over 17,000 people, UNDP works on the world’s biggest problems: extreme poverty, climate change, good governance, renewable energy, crisis prevention, and women’s empowerment, among others.
UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
Applications are currently accepted from interested candidates to apply for the Latest recruitment at UNDP – United Nations Development Programme. See POSITION below.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria
This job opening is being advertised for the position of Information Management Data and Visualization Analyst (NOA) located in the OCHA Abuja Office (covering Adamawa and Yobe State) and reports to the Head of Information Management.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Information Management, the Information Management Data and Visualization Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support the development of standardized reporting formats and analysis to support operational decision making for internal and external use.
- Provide graphics/design support for various presentations, as well as the development of high-quality visual products (infographics, maps, tables, graphs).
- Provide support to the OCHA field offices, organize flow of information and assist the offices in planning information management activities.
- Support the development and maintenance of comprehensive operational information products.
- Maintain and promote the use of global standard IM tools and services.
- Support the development and maintenance of comprehensive operational information products, Who/What/Where, monitoring matrices, operational analyses, contact lists among others.
- Build strong relationships and maintain regular contacts with the local and international community; gather information on humanitarian activities in support of the Who/ What/Where database, including frequent liaison with key stakeholders.
- Collect information and assist in analysis of monitoring reports based on humanitarian indicators to provide a coherent picture of humanitarian operations.
- On an ad-hoc basis, collect, analyse and disseminate information in cooperation with other Units within OCHA.
- Maintain a client-oriented approach that ensures the OCHA provides high-quality information management services and products to the OCHA office and to members of the humanitarian community.
- Provide training and capacity-building to partners on data collection, analysis, visualization tools, and best practices, including machine learning applications.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing within OCHA and guidance to external stakeholders on information management focusing on achievement of the following,
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training curricula to field partners
- Use analysis and visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, ArcGIS, or Adobe products, to support the development of interactive visualizations and digital products.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in data visualization, analysis, and machine learning.
- Participate in inter-agency meetings and working groups related to information management, data analysis, and machine learning.
- Assisting with other tasks as directed by the head of the Information Management Unit.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Professionalism: Demonstrated expertise in information management and data visualization Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian activities, conceptual and strategic analytical capacity, demonstrated problem-solving skills. Good knowledge of the region/country and ability to influence others to reach agreement.
Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor work. Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Client Orientation: Ability to identify and analyse clients’ needs and refer that to the IM supervisor for improvement of the IM tools.
Communications: Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information, effectively advice clients on systems related issues, applications, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Information Management, Computer Science, Statistics, Geographic Information Systems, or a related field or a first level university degree with relevant academic qualifications with a combination of 2 years of relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of the advanceduniversity degree.
- Up to 2 years (with a Masters degree) or 2 years (with a Bachelor degree) of professional experience in data analysis, visualization, and information management is required.
- Experience indata visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar is desirable.
- Experience in programming languages such as Python or R is desirable.
- Experience with GIS tools like ArcGIS or QGIS is desirable.
- Experience in analytical skills, with attention to detail and problem solving is desirable.
- Experience in a humanitarian context within the UN common system or in a comparable international organization is desirable.