Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous nonprofit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social and economic reforms through high-quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research and knowledge generation, as well as agenda-setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Program Lead
Job Type: Full Time
- The State Program Lead will be responsible for leading and coordinating the project’s effort aimed at optimizing the efficiency of primary healthcare systems and strengthening the management capacity of PHC managers in the state.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish and implement a comprehensive PHC strategy for the state, ensuring alignment with state priorities and goals;
- Oversee the planning and day-to-day implementation, monitoring, and documentation of ALL project activities in the state, ensuring adherence to timelines and budgets;
- Facilitate regular meetings and discussions to gather insights, feedback, and input from stakeholders regarding PHC strategy and implementation;
- Act as liaison between team members, partners, and stakeholders, ensuring effective collaboration and communication;
- Build strong relationships with state officials and leadership/decision-makers;
- Advocate for policies and funding from the state that support the strengthening of PHC systems, engaging with government officials and other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to donors, partners, and relevant stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and/ or Director.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in the field of Health Management, Public Health or a related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare management or public health, with a focus on PHC;
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare landscape in the state;
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Proficient in English and Hausa languages;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to manage people, resources, and processes to implement and monitor strategies with substantial outcomes.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Corresponding CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “State Program Lead – Sokoto, Kano, Zamfara and Kaduna ” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.