Dear Newly Admitted Students from all tertiary institutions across the country, here are some basic things you should know.
- You should know that your performance in your first session (100 level) has greater impact on the class of degree you will graduate with. Don’t be carried away by the seeming total freedom in school. If you fail to build your G.P in your 100 level, it will be pretty hard for you to do so at other levels.
- You should identify yourself with at least one fellowship in school. A fellowship that is concerned about your spiritual welfare and also aid you when you are in need. It’s important.
- Be careful when looking for a roommate. Some people’s roommate have landed in terrible problems in school. If you can stay alone, it will save you a lot of trouble.
- Resist the urge to skip lectures or failing to do your assignments. You should know that your continuous assessment are as important as your examinations as your CA constitute 30% of your grade. This implies that if you are able to get 25/30 in your continuous assessment by attending lectures, writing tests and doing assignments, you will only need 45 marks out of 70 in your exams to make A.
- Learn to manage your resources and avoid extravagant spending. You should know that you are not in competition with anybody in school. Over there, you will see people from different walks of life: rich and affluent, yahoo guys, middle class and others. Live within your means and do not envy anybody.
- Choose your friends wisely. Everybody must not be your friend. Look out for people who have the same purpose as you. They will help you in smashing your goals easily.Spend time with people who add value and quality to your life not those who revel in endless idling.
- Stay healthy and eat well. One of the ailment most students in the university suffer is Ulcer which happens when they do not have time enough to eat. Food is very important. Don’t ever go for your classes on empty stomach. Even if you will, endeavor to take snacks or anything that can sustain you till when you will eat proper food. Eat fruits too.
- Stay safe and stay out of trouble. It is not compulsory you must attend every social event in school. Beware of some parties too.
- Do not ever feel like you know it all. Ask questions from your senior colleagues, lecturers and friends who knows more than you do.If you have the money, you can also be attending tutorials too. Night classes is good too if you can cope with the stress.
- Above all, never underestimate the help of God. Be prayerful because there’s a lot to the university life than meets the eye.
Campusbrief wish you all the best.❤️
Congratulations to all newly admitted students of all Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.