The scholarship scheme aims at promoting proficiency in Information Technology at Doctorate and Masters Levels. The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State including the FCT at Masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone at Doctorate level. This will enhance human capacity building in core areas of Information Technology across Nigeria. visit scholarship portal
Objectives For NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship
- To produce globally competitive human capital in the area of ICT.
- To provide opportunities for Nigerian youths to achieve their dreams especially in the area of ICT.
- Create jobs/wealth in IT related field.
- Provide alternative source of revenue for Nigeria from natural resource-based to knowledge-based.
- The Agency places an advert in two National Dailies, NITDA website and Scholarship Portal
- The Agency opens the portal (scholarship.nitda.gov.ng) for application, which will be open for 6 weeks from the date of advent.
- Qualified applicants are shortlisted to write an aptitude test and contacted via email and SMS.
- Successful applicants are notified through email and SMS.
- Verification of original certificates and oral interview of successful applicants.
- Release of award letters to successful candidates.
- How to apply for NITDA 3MTT
- APPLY: Application for NITDA AI Developer Group Training Cohort 12
- NITDA Clean Tech Start-up Application is Open [JAPAN EVENT]
- The NITDA Female Founders Training Programme 2023
- Check NITDA 3MTT Shortlisted Candidates Status
- NITDA COHORT 2 : NITD Award 10 Laptops To Outstanding Learners Of It’s Cohort 2
Outcome On NITDA Postgraduate
The Agency has successfully sponsored 247 Nigerian Graduates in Information Technology fields at Post Graduate level and 24 at Doctorate level. We are continually monitoring skill gaps in the field with a view to help create a capable workforce that can face the challenges of the Agency’s vision of Nigeria becoming an Information Technology driven economy.
Conditions For NITDA Applicant
The Scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is equally distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 states and FCT for MSc.
The Masters programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
PhD: University/Polytechnic lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
MSc: All citizens of Nigeria with First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, (B.Sc) in Information Technology related field and have not previously benefited from the Agency’s Scholarship Scheme.